Join SHE Advises for our open COSHH Awareness training.
Our Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Awareness training raises awareness of the dangers associated with substances and the steps that can be taken to minimise the risks.
Every year, thousands of workers are made ill by hazardous contracting lung disease such as asthma, cancer and skin disease such as dermatitis. Symptoms can take years to develop so it is not advisable to continue practices where personnel have high exposure to harmful substances even if signs of illness are not showing.
COSHH Awareness training provides a sensible step-by-step approach to the necessary precautions and is therefore a useful tool of good management.
You, as the employer, are responsible for taking effective measures to control exposure and protect health. This course is aimed at anyone who is exposed to Substances Hazardous to Health at work.
This training course covers:
- Introduction to COSHH including CLP and biological
- Classification and identification
- Routes of entry/effects on health
- Exposure limits and monitoring
- Legal requirements
- Steps to COSHH assessment
- What substances are we using? And/or exposed to?
- Assessment – a step-by-step approach
- Evaluation of risks and hazards
- Control Measures
- Recording and reviewing of COSHH assessment
- Continual skills development planning
- 4th June 2024, Norwich
- 25th September 2024, Ipswich
- 9am – 4.30pm approx..
£195 + VAT per person which includes all course materials and certificate of attendance.Book Now