Join us for our open Level 2 Health and Safety Training.
This course is designed to provide learners with knowledge of basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace. Delegates gaining this qualification will understand that health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within a business, its contractors, visitors, and suppliers. Its subject areas are regarded by the Health and Safety Executive as being important to maintaining safe working procedures in the workplace.
Sessions are a mixture of slide presentation, workbook exercises, quizzes and practical and interactive learning. As an accredited course, there is an assessment which all delegates are required to pass, comprising of a multiple choice paper.
Learners will understand the responsibilities of employers and employees, the benefits of good health and safety, steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents, near misses and ill-health, typical hazards and controls in a workplace, common causes of accidents and the importance of recording accidents.
This qualification covers:
- Introduction to health and safety
- Accidents and ill health
- Slips and trips
- Health and safety law
- Risk assessment
- Hazardous substances
- Personal protective equipment
- Workplace health, safety and welfare
- Vehicles at work
- First aid
- Work equipment
- Occupational health
- Noise and vibration
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Manual Handling
- Work at height
On successful completion, attendees will be able to: –
- Understand the roles and duties for health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
- Understand the process of risk assessment.
- Understand how risk assessments improve health and safety at work.
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace.
- 13th March 2024, Ipswich
- 10th July 2024, Ipswich
- 9am – 4pm approx.
Course Cost: £195 + VAT per person which includes registration fees, Highfield handbook and accredited certificate.Book Now