Representatives report to their respective line managers but are appointed by the workforce to represent them in discussions with management on matters concerned with health and safety. They also assist with facilitating inspections, checking local procedures for evacuation and emergency procedures, participate in investigating any incident or near miss and attend meetings with fellow safety representatives.
The training follows a programme to assist you in developing your skills and knowledge on the RES Role and key Health & Safety topics relevant to your business. Following the course, you will be asked to carry on developing these areas by recording how you use these skills on site and the attendance of further training and meetings as you develop your skills and knowledge further.
This certificate covers:
- The key reasons for Health & Safety
- A basic guide to the Law
- Roles and Responsibilities of a RES
- Company Policy
- Communication and learning styles
- RES meetings, committees training day
- Accident Investigation
- Toolbox Talks
- Risk Assessment fundamentals
- Safe working procedures
- Control systems
- Common hazards and their controls
- Emergencies Planning/Control
- Ongoing development tracker
The training has been designed to be delivered as a face-to-face group session and is supported by a RES folder. This folder will then be used as a training aid and a ‘reference’ guide for the Company. The folder will be updated as the passing delegates attend any RES meetings in their area.
Successful delegates will receive a certificate of completion.
- 9am – 4.30pm approx.
- Option 1: £225 + VAT per person – 2 day course which includes all course materials together with a certificate of attendance.
- Option 2: £325 + VAT per person – 2 day course which includes a follow up support site visit, together with all course materials and a certificate of attendance.