Join SHE Advises for our UKATA (Cat A) Asbestos Awareness training which is aimed at making candidates aware of the dangers associated with exposure to airborne asbestos fibres through unknowingly coming into contact with asbestos materials. It does not train you to work with any asbestos containing materials (ACM’S).
Asbestos Awareness training is required to be given to employees whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Have awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its’ effect on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- Be familiar with the types of asbestos and likely occurrences of asbestos where it has been used within buildings and plant
- Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation.
Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding:
- Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work
- What to do if suspicious materials are found
- How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos
- Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others
As an accredited course, there is an assessment which all delegates are required to pass, comprising of a multiple choice paper.
Successful delegates will receive an accredited certificate from UKATA.
23rd June 2022 – FULLY BOOKED, new dates will be announced soon.
- 9.30am – 12.30pm approx.
Course cost: £800 + VAT per course (in-house delivery) or £75 + VAT per person (virtual delivery based on 12x delegates) which includes an accredited certificate from UKATA.Book Now