Honest | Approachable | Professional
What is an Audit?
Audits are one of those words that often strike fear into anyone who is told they need one. Part of our mission is to take the fear out of all things health and safety – and audits are no different.
An audit is a structured process that we follow to identify how well you are achieving your business aims and objectives, and the different areas that you are compliant with regulations.
An audit has a clear plan that we develop with you, based upon the objectives and scope that we agree together. All of our auditing work is carried out in partnership with you and includes elements of both on and off- site work. This means you get to spend time with our team developing your own audit skills in-house, which facilitates and allows for improved ongoing management of risk.
When might you have one?
Audits can be carried out at any stage of your journey with SHE Advises but our most commonly used services include:
- H&S Management system gap analysis – Identifies where you are compliant before you set out on your journey, and creates an action plan for improvement
- Training Audits – Identify gaps in provisions and offer a plan of action to ensure suitable training delivery at each level within your organisation
- Regulation specific audits – Assess compliance to specific regulations to focus on those areas where you have most risk
- Accreditation audits – Enabling achievement of accreditations i.e. CHAs, Safe contractor, ISO standards
- Traffic Management Audits – Reducing the risks from traffic movements on site
- ISO Initial Audits – Setting a plan for achievement of ISO45001
- Ongoing audits to ensure regular reviews of compliance onsite once compliance achieved
If you have an area where you would like a compliance review and you don’t feel it fits into any of the above services then please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will work with you to find or offer a solution.