Join SHE Advises for our open NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety course, for the gold standard in Health and Safety qualifications with our chartered professional tutors.
This course provides a broad understanding of health & safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone with health and safety responsibilities as part of their role.
The NEBOSH NGC is the UK’s most popular health and safety qualification. Many people take the National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (NGC) as a first step to their successful career in health and safety. It gives a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
With an in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NGC looks at everyday solutions for your workplace health and safety issues and is based on UK law. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH National General Certificate qualification:
Unit NG1: Management of Health & Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
Unit NG1 is an open book exam assessed by a scenario-based assessment completed at home or work. This is over a 24-hour period.
Unit NG2 is assessed by a three-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
Exams are held every month throughout the year.
Course sizes are kept small to allow for personal tuition and group interaction/discussion. Early booking is therefore recommended.
- Week 1 – W/C 18th March 2024 (5 days), Ipswich
- Week 2 – W/C 15th April 2024 (5 days), Ipswich
- Open Book Exam (OBE) – 3rd April 2024
- Week 1 – W/C 16th September 2024 (5 days), Ipswich
- Week 2 – W/C 14th October 2024 (5 days), Ipswich
- Open Book Exam (OBE) – 2nd October 2024
Practical exam to be completed over 10 days in own workplace.
- 9am – 5pm
Course Cost: £1,725 + VAT per person which includes all handouts, resources, examination fees, NEBOSH book, accredited certificate and lunch.
If you work in a construction related role, you may want to complete the NEBOSH Construction Certificate. This course covers everything you need to make your construction site healthier and safer.