Join SHE Advises Ltd for our Open Risk Assessment training.
This one-day course covers the theory and concepts of risk assessment and includes a practical session where delegates will practise the methods adopted utilising in-house risk assessment templates where possible.
The workshop focuses on Health, Safety and Welfare with respect to the HSE regulations for workplaces and the duties placed by the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
The certificate covers:
- Be able to communicate using standard terms of reference.
(Significant, foreseeable, and suitable/sufficient)
- Identify common hazard groups.
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities of duty holders.
- Work as part of a syndicate to complete a practical example.
- Plan out safe systems (safe operating procedures).
- Be able to refer to key regulations and requirements.
- Selecting and prioritising control methods.
- Carry out a basic task-based risk assessment using a quantitative model.
- Consider Contractor risk assessments for suitability.
- Compiling a hazard inventory.
- Background for responsibility (duty holders).
- Carrying out a suitable Risk Assessment.
- Duty of care and a reasonable approach.
- Common Requirements under Regulations.
- Definitions and key terms (hazard/risk/assessment/hazardous event etc.).
- Utilising the and the balance of risk requirements.
- Methods for creating a SOP or SSW.
- People at particular risk (less able, expectant Mums).
- A practical workshop exercise, using company processes.
- The use of ‘dynamic and on the spot risk assessment.
The workshop will be of interest to those who are involved in the day-to-day Health, Safety & Welfare in the workplace and carrying out both Formal and ‘on the spot’ risk assessment processes.
Course content is established but it can be tailored to meet your companies’ requirements and hazard base.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate of completion.
Course date: TBC
Course cost: £175 + VAT per person which includes all course materials together with a certificate of attendance.Book Now